In 2016, Tesla and SolarCity launched the Tesla Solar Roof in to hope it would be the solar system for the future. It has been six years since the launch of the Tesla Solar Roof. People are still unsure what it is or how much it costs.
This confusion is justified. Tesla’s views on the Solar Roof change more frequently than Elon Musk’s tweets about it (and that’s quite a lot).
We’ll be removing the mystery veil over Tesla Solar Roof. This article will explain everything, from how it works to how much it costs to whether it’s worth the purchase.
A glance at the Tesla Solar Roof
- Tesla Solar Roof incorporates solar panels into regular roofing shingles, so homeowners can produce solar power without worrying about their roof looking tainted.
- Tesla estimates that a 6.14kW Solar Roof will run between $39,800 to $48,700 before any incentives. This depends on the complexity of the metal roof in shingles Connecticut.
- Tesla estimates that a 6.14kW Solar Roof will run between $39,800 to $48,700 before any incentives. This depends on the complexity of the roof.
- Active Tesla Solar Roof shingles are $1.80 per Watt, which is lower than the national average price of solar.
- Tesla charges $13.30 to $18.54 per square foot for non-solar roofing materials.
- The Solar Roof is beautiful but will not provide you with the same savings as traditional solar panels. You also have to deal with Tesla’s unpredictable service for 25+years.
What is the Tesla Solar Roof?
The biggest problem homeowners have with solar panels is their appearance. Tesla Energy CEO Elon Musk presented Tesla’s new product, the Tesla Solar Roof, on the set of the popular television series Desperate Housewives in 2016. This should have been a sign that the Tesla roof would likely be a showpiece.
The Solar Roof is designed to integrate seamlessly into roofs and function as photovoltaic panels. The Solar Roof allows homeowners to reap the benefits of solar energy, such as electric bill savings and clean energy use, without compromising their home’s aesthetics.
To achieve a uniform appearance, the entire roof of a home is replaced with Tesla shingles. Although not all these shingles can generate electricity (we’ll get to that later), the entire roof will be covered with Tesla-brand shingles. The Tesla Solar Roofs typically includes three pieces: inactive shingles and active solar shingles.
What is the cost of a Tesla Solar Roof?
For the installation of a Tesla Solar Roof, you can expect to pay anywhere from $35,000 up to $70,000. It’s important to understand what you are being charged and why.
If we are being truthful, it cannot be easy to understand the pricing line items displayed by Tesla. We’ve broken down the factors influencing the price to help you understand what you’re paying.
Tesla’s Solar Roof: How to Lower the Price
Tesla Solar Roof systems use only Tesla-exclusive equipment. Three main components make up the total cost of a Solar Roof system:
- Active solar shingles
- Shingles that are inactive
- Take down your roof.