It has been on the debate as to which type of cleaning is needed for window cleaning. Some argue water is enough whereas the majority strongly oppose that chemicals can only leave it clean. Water or chemical detergents, this decision can be taken depending on how regular you clean your window.
Using water as a cleaning agent can be a quite natural and environmentally friendly way. Water can wash down almost 70 percent of the dirt off the window. In a residential window cleaning, water can be enough but there is a catch. If you are using just water, you have to increase the number of times per year you clean windows in your house. Because you won’t be using disinfectants. To avoid disease-causing bacteria from living on your windows, you have to clean often. Wipe down the windows every two weeks or so. This will leave a sparkling look to your windows because you clean regularly but it can still have dirt which cannot be removed with just regular water.
Pure water cleaning cancels out the need for detergents with new technologies introduced in this area. There are methods like water fed pole window cleaning followed by professional window cleaning services that have eliminated the use of chemical cleaners. This type of cleaning is 100 percent environment-friendly and does not leave any soapy, grimy residue on the edges of your window sills. This method is used by cleaners because of several health and safety regulations being followed in several countries now. Chemicals are slowly leaving the market and making way for new high-pressure water cleaning and several other methods which can get you squeaky clean windows every time without having to worry about dirty and soapy squeegees.
Chemicals without a doubt are the best way to clean windows. It can remove 99.9 percent of disease-producing bacteria and can give you a super clean window. There are but several things you need to look for if you are going ahead with using chemicals.
- Do not use chemicals that come with ammonia in it.
- Make sure the one chemical cleaner that you are using can get rid of fatty oils and dirt from your window.
- The cleaning liquid meets the safety certification issued by the government. The health and safety regulation unit of different countries have different levels of highly toxic chemicals that can be added to the cleaning solution. Make sure you go with those standards.
- Do not throw away the used water which has window cleaner mixed in it over green vegetation. The chemicals present in those might not be favorable to the growth of plants and can even lead to damage to the soil.
- Do not bare hands to wipe down the windows. Always wear gloves because some chemicals are unsafe and some can even lead to peeling off of your skin. This should be avoided as well.
These precautions should be taken while using chemicals and should be extremely careful while doing these. Many commercial cleaning services still follow the conventional way of cleaning using liquids with chemicals in it.
Chemicals thus are more effective in cleaning windows compared with water but water is environment-friendly and safe to use. The service selected by the house owners nowadays are mostly chemicals involved. Most of the people lack access to new methods used by professional window cleaning services. You can opt for a chemical wash if you are doing the window cleaning only once or twice in a year because if you are not doing it often, there will be so much dirt on glasses that needs chemicals to remove.
So whether it is water or chemical, take precautions on both cases and be extra careful about the disposal of chemicals. Water cleaning should be more encouraged and now more cleaning services have come up with water-fed pole system and many more environmentally-friendly ways to make their customers to not use anything that can harm the surroundings. Be thoughtful and switch to water cleaning services than chemicals to save your planet and save yourself from health risks.