The advancement of technology has led to an increase in the use of digital appliances. Technology has given us both challenges and opportunities. It is apt to say that the present world is governed by science and technology.
Technology reducing the distance
The crowd always complains that technology has created a gap between people. But noticing the trends, technology has done the contrary. It is filling the loopholes that we are creating in our day to day personal as well as professional life.
So here are five bright sides of technology
1. Home Security: Technology has empowered us to be connected with our home at all times. With the help of modern security technologies, no matter where you go, you can monitor your home remotely. You can even travel around the world carefree and whenever you miss your family you can just turn on your mobile or laptop for a quick view of your loved ones.
2. Communication: It is believed that technology has affected the field of communication. Technology is blamed majorly for the generation gap. On the contrary, technology is cementing the gap that distance had built. Thus, just the form and mode of communication has changed. The younger generation has greater access to technology. From morning alarms to their study material, they are totally dependent on technology. They are updated with all the smart applications and spend ample time on social media, busy connecting with the world.
As a result, we blame them for the communication gap. But looking at the wider aspect, the communication or connectivity has improved now. We can connect with our near and far relatives live. The technology has a wider approach that helps us to connect not only with our near and dear ones but also with the wide world.
3. Information floating: Gone are the days when official tasks were mailed. The new applications sponsored by technology gives one a pop-up notification every time some information arises. The technological advancement is such that there are platforms designed especially for office work. These applications allow real-time contact between the employees and the employer. This is also a method of skill enhancement for many companies. It supports high quality creativity, innovation, development, and flexibility in the workplace.
4. Enhancing skills: The technological platform connects several people. On accessing a particular field, all the experts or followers of the field will be connected. This will lead to an exchange of knowledge and up gradation of skills. Sharing experience with people of similar interests proves to be joyful and knowledge. On the other hand, this increases competition between the people of the same field. Thus the distance plays no significant role in the exchange of knowledge. Same is the system with online gaming.
Online games were popular since the beginning and live connection between other players only make it more enjoyable.
5. Education: Education brings people from several parts of the world together. Technology has only assisted this factor. There are smart tablets designed for educational purposes. These have become so likable since the past few years that they have replaced books. It has become debatable that these tablets will soon replace books. Many claim that books are already on the verge of extinction and restricted only to the library. Technology has made classes more collaborative. The distance learning or e-learning programs have gained much popularity. Many studies claim that it is a more personalized form of learning.
6. Dating and matrimonial: At present, there are many dating and matchmaking websites available. They are very popular among youth and young adults. It is a fun fact, that studies disclose the matches made by these dating or matrimony websites are more successful than those between people who meet accidentally. These applications or websites provide people with detailed information about an individual. The people there are not matched randomly, rather they get an option to meet the people of their choice. They also get to choose the best for themselves among several people of their choice.
Technology is often considered a curse but in a positive approach, it has empowered society. It has bridged the gap between communities and has benefited mankind. It is a gateway or channel for bridging people.