Are you on the lookout for a comfy chair that you could use for relaxing in your home’s den? Are you looking for the perfect place to cram in for hour’s long gossip-on-the-phone or finishing-a-Netflix-series session? What do you choose? Well, we don’t know about you, but we will definitely go for our old, good, trusted bean bag! These chairs are the epitome of cosiness, cradle our buns, and somehow make all our worries go away. But, do you have any idea how they came into existence in the first place?
Well, if you don’t, we are here to the rescue. We are going to provide you an afternoon’s entertainment while you read about the prehistoric, odd stories of bean bags while you are lounging on your own. Bean bags are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and fabrics giving you a lot of options to choose from. We all know buying furniture can be so expensive, especially if we go for some good quality or unique designs. However, not every person has thousands of dollars to spend on new furniture. That’s why you can deck up your home with large comfy bean bags. Resort Style Bean Bags is your one stop destination for all bean bag, outdoor cushions, and daybed needs. They are known for offering customized and top quality products for both your indoor and outdoor seating needs.
Glimpse at the history of your favourite bean bags
Bean bags are quite popular and upcoming trend for modern homes. They are movable and can be placed in any room of the house. They are affordable, versatile, stylish, and comfortable furniture options. If you are thinking of getting bean bags or benches or lounges for your patio, make sure to also incorporate some pretty cushions and vibrant daybed covers which will help to give that relaxed, chill out vibes to your home. It will be a perfect, cosy nook for you and your ‘me-time’ sessions. So, let’s take a dig into the juicy history of bean bags, shall we?
- The Beginning: You can pay your regards to three Italian gentlemen for giving birth to your favourite bean bag chair. These three men, namely, Piero Gatti, Cesare Paolini and Franco Teodoro who were the Italian designers hired by Sacco to create a chair for the young generation. This took place as early as 1968 and these chairs were called by the name “shapeless chairs,” looked like teardrops and filled with polyvinyl chloride beads.
- Popularity: These chairs found immense love and popularity among the youngsters and specifically the hippies. They were liked by the hippies as they could be easily carried in the back of cars or vans and were a favourite in student apartments.
- Golden era: The golden era of bean bags were undoubtedly during the 1970’s when they become popular worldwide. You could get them anywhere and everywhere, and was a common site in university campuses. However, the bean bag chairs which became ultra-popular and commercialized in this era were made of more affordable, having low quality covers and featured bold and bright patterns and prints.
- 1980’s-1990’s: During the 1980’s, manufacturing companies started to look for new ways and soured their factor of productions in such a way that the cheapest bean bag chairs could be produced. However, during the decade between 1980’s and 1990’s, the sale of bean bags fell quite steeply due to the low quality polystyrene material placed inside.
- Foam breakthrough: So, though it seemed that these once popular bean bags were nearing their end, there was a resurgence and major breakthrough due to a material known as foam. Before foam, bean bags were filled with polystyrene beans which though inexpensive, got flattened over time. Once bean bags started to be filled with foam, their popularity knew no bounds as bean bags were now much more long lasting, comfy, and of great quality. This gave a new future to bean bags.
So, this was an interesting history of your ever favourite bean bags that has accompanied you on so many TV-watching or study sessions. You can bring home bean bags for adults, kids, and even elderly family members. Not to forget, luxurious, water resistant ones to help you relax by your pool or the beach.