Steam cleaners have become a popular choice for cleaning homes and commercial spaces alike. It is not surprising as they come with many benefits such as high efficiency and easy usage. They thus deem useful when you prepare your home for
However, not all steam cleaners are the same. They come in a variety of sizes and with various features. Thus, it can be confusing when it comes to selecting the best steam cleaner.
There are 4 kinds- Handheld steam cleaners, steam mops, cylinder steam cleaners and vapour steam cleaners.
Steam cleaners can be used on a variety of surfaces such as carpets, windows, mirrors and leather upholstery. Thus an obvious question to ask here is ‘what will be using the steam cleaner for?’ The answer will help you narrow down your choices.
- Handheld steam cleaners are great for cleaning counters and corners that are hard to reach. However, their size makes them unsuitable for cleaning floors and carpets.
- Steam mop for carpet and floor cleaning is a great choice. Since it resembles a stick vacuum cleaner and stands upright. However, it won’t be as suitable for cleaning corners and smaller spaces.
- Cylinder steam cleaners or canister steam cleaners are very suitable if you are looking for one cleaning solution for many surfaces. They usually come with multiple attachments that make them suitable to use on carpets, drapes and even small corners.
- Vapour steam cleaners are also multi-purpose cleaners with several attachments that let you clean different surfaces easily. So it is suitable whether you seek both a counter or a rug steam cleaner
You should also keep in mind suitability for surfaces generally varies brand-to-brand, so it is important to check the applications of the product before you purchase it.
Since there are multiple kinds of steam cleaners available in the market, you can find something that fits your budget perfectly-whether you are preparing your home for renters or guests. Here is how different cleaners rank in terms of affordability-
- Handheld steam cleaners are the most economical type of steam cleaners of all kinds.
- Steam mops do not cost the same as handheld steam cleaners. However, they still fall under the average budget of most families.
- Cylinder steam cleaners on average cost more than handheld steam cleaners and steam mops. However, what they lack in affordability, they make up in efficiency and versatility.
- Since they use ‘dry cleaning technology’, vapour steam cleaners are more effective in cleaning surfaces such as hardwood floors and keeping them pristine. So it’s not surprising that they cost more than other types.
Everyone does not have a large amount of space to dedicate to a cleaning machine. However, ample room is often overlooked as a factor when purchasing a steam cleaner. Don’t worry, though, we have got you covered-
- The small size of handheld steam cleaners makes them the best choice if you are running out of space.
- Steam mops also fare well when it comes to storage. Since they stand upright, they do not require much storage space.
- Carpet steam cleaner reviews for cylinder steam cleaners is always positive. However, a drawback is that they ample space for storage.
- Similar in size to cylinder steam cleaners, vapour steam cleaners are not easy to store
When it comes to cleaning and sanitization the general rule here is the ‘bigger the machine, the better it cleans’.
- Handheld steam cleaners do not provide the same quality of cleaning as other cleaning systems do. This attribute makes them unsuitable for homes with small children, pets and people sensitive to allergies.
- Steam mops are better at cleaning and sanitizing spaces than handheld cleaners.
- Despite having some disadvantages pertaining to ease of use, cylinder steam cleaner reviews well as an efficient cleaning machines.
- Vapour Steam Cleaners rate higher on efficiency than other types of steam cleaners. It effectively kills bacteria and germs without using any harsh chemicals or detergents. Also, there is minimal risk of damage that comes from excess moisture and surfaces such as hardwood floors stay fresh and healthy.