If you are like most homeowners, you probably want to turn your dream home renovating project into a reality. And I am not talking about installing a splashback to revamp the kitchen. This is the once-in-a-lifetime renovation – that can energise the household and make all the neighbours jealous.
We spend the maximum time in our homes and how they are built and designed has a major impact on how we feel. Therefore, regardless of what your dream entails – all major renovation projects can benefit from the help of an experienced architect.
Of course, I hear you say, architects are very expensive and only necessary when building multimillion-dollar-homes, but the truth is, architects in Perth are well worth the extra cost because, with careful evaluation, they can meet, and often exceed your expectations.
Here’s why you must hire an architect for your home renovation:
- A good architect will not only save you money but will also guide you through the process every step of the way. From design ideas to recommendations for suppliers and trades, he will have a wealth of experience you can tap into.
- Architects have a good understanding of the build process inside out and will be able to help you so that you don’t feel overwhelmed. They will be there to instruct the builders and to advise when certain decisions need to be made.
- Experienced architects have strong relationships with builders, contractors, and suppliers – and all of them will need the guidance of the architect for future work. And hence, an architect will be able to deliver better results than you would get if you were to manage the build yourself.
- Many people have a misconception that discussing the estimated budget with an architect will result in you going over the budget. This is absolutely not true. If you want your architect to advise you properly, he will need to know how much you are comfortable spending. This is the only way he can guide you on how to invest your money best to ensure you get the best results within the set budget.
- Architects know what they are doing – what will add value and what won’t. So, they will be able to advise you on where it’s worth spending on structural elements and where you can just do with finishes to stay within budget.
- A good architect will ask you questions about how you are currently using your home and what your dream home looks like, and will come up with good ideas that you would have never considered yourself. They will also analyse the situation and come up with solutions to your problems.
- Sometimes people think that if they share their ideas with the architects, it will influence their designs, but that’s not the case. The more information you can give to them about your dream home, the better the outcomes will be.
- Experienced architects are fully trained to identify untapped potential by analysing the situation practically as well as creatively. It can be difficult for you to see past how you currently use your home, but an architect can see how you can make better use of your space and help you achieve your vision, making sure that your home not only looks great but functions well too.
Instead of looking at it as an expense, see it as an investment. The more you are able to improve your property, make use of your space, the more you stand to increase its value and curb appeal. By hiring an architect, you’ll be able to create a home that works best for you and your family, create something that you couldn’t have done yourself and get the best value for your money.