So you are planning to get rid of your old clunker? Sure, there are various agencies that would be more than happy to take the car off your hands. But there are a few things that you would need to do before they hand over the cash and collect the car from you. Check out the various steps listed below, you need to ensure that you carry out the various steps, so that the agency in question hands over the cash, for your car.
- Research: The first thing that you need to do is to research the places that are willing to purchase your scrap car. You can check online for scrap cars in Auckland and that should list more than a few auto shops, willing to purchase your scrap cars, You may also want to check out their reviews and see if they have received any positive feedback from other customers as that should clue you in as to whether these firms are any good.
- Selling your scrap car: Selling your car for scrap makes for better sense than junking out your car in a salvage yard for a pittance. But before you sell your car for scrap, you better make sure that you remove all your personalized items, from the car. Give your car a thorough check to see that you have removed all personal items. Give the front, back seats, a thorough look, check the various flaps and storage areas to see if you have left anything personal in the same.
- Shop around: Rather than settle for the first scrap car company that you come across, you may want to look around and see if you can get an estimate from them. Just Google for sell your car in Auckland and you should come across more than a few companies that purchase old clunkers. And you can go ahead with the one who offers you the most attractive rate – that makes more sense, doesn’t it?
- Title deed: Before you can sell your car for scrap, you need to make sure that you have all the requisite documentation as it applies to your car in order. The most important documentation would of course be the title deed which you would need to transfer to the company, on purchase. And then of course you may also have to share other pertinent information including on vehicle insurance with the buyer.
- Recycle your car: Before the actual sale, you may want to go over your car with a beach comb and remove important items out of the car. You will also need to cancel the insurance and do remember that not all scrap for cash companies accept cars. So you may want to call them up, individually and determine that they do accept cars, And once you have chosen the firm, you can then hire a tow truck and transport your car to the company in question. Or the company could send a car to your place to pick it up.
- Cash: Insist on immediate payment on handing over your car; there is no reason as to why you would want to wait for a day or two for payment. Make sure that the company in question does not pull a fast one.
These are some of the things that you would need to check, before actually selling your car for scrap. The car would be recycled, and you should be able to use the cash as down payment for the new car. Do remember that when it comes to selling for scrap, it is always a better idea to sell it to a company rather than to desert it in a salvage yard.
It is essential that you keep all the car documentations safe and sound, as the company would definitely ask for the same, before approving the purchase.